Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Apartment!

On Thursday I started moving into my new apartment! It took several days to get my stuff in, but I think now almost everything has been moved in and a good portion of my decorating has been done! Here are some photos:




Left: My kitchen/ bar/dining area. Disregard the moving debris on the table.




Right: Justin relaxes after helping arrange my furniture and hang my wall decorations. Notice the banana leaf! The couch, though pretty, does not really match my intended decor theme, so I plan to recover it in black & brown, with green throw pillows.

It was quite a hassle to get my furniture. The couch was in Justin's grandparents' garage, and we needed a truck to transport it. Thankfully Justin found a friend who is living in Houston, has a truck, and has been bored because he doesn't know anyone. So he helped us move the couch and then we took him out to dinner. Win-win! My kitchen table, chairs, and living room tables were in College Station in my old duplex, currently inhabited by some of Justin's friends, so we drove up there yesterday to get that stuff. When we got back and got the stuff set up after a long day of driving, Justin helped me hang all the stuff on my walls like I wanted it. That evening we watched a movie, drank champagne, and made dinner. It was fun!


My curtains still need to be hung, and I still want to re-cover the couch and put some more pictures up. But once I have done that (or most of that) I will make a vidoe tour of my apartment and post it on my blog!

Also, I am in the market for chair for my bedroom- not a desk chair, but more like a comfy chair for reading and things like that. Does anybody have one such chair that they are trying to get rid of?

2 comments:

AS said...

very Nice!

Evelyn said...

No comment on the hassle of moving a HUGE and heavy desk, not to mention an awkward and large bed and box spring???? And using visiting relatives to begin to get you moved in?? I could begin to feel taken for granted.....whine.
Nice-looking apartment, kiddo!