Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bustling House

I am entering my final week of living at home before I move into my own apartment!!! (This Thursday, June 26). This week our house be operating at maximum capacity. Actually, that's now quite true- we could squeeze one more sleeper into the crib in my bedroom. But all three guest bedrooms will be full with the Lotts and my Aunt Jill and Uncle Dave, who were in Texas (El Paso) and decided to drop by. There are some stresses to living in a full house, and there will be some things that are quite improved upon by moving into my own apartment. But I do like being around people, so suddenly being in an apartment where I am the only resident may have a bit of loneliness with is as well. Oh well. I'll just have to keep in mind how nice it is to get to have my stuff everywhere.

Yesterday I went to the wedding of two of my high school friends, Daniel and Eloisa. In fact, I have known Daniel since sixth grade and Eloisa since ninth grade. I've been seeing people I know get married for quite some time now, starting with Simon and Katrina and 2001 and gradually getting closer and closer to me in age. But this is the first wedding of people who are actually my peers- they have been my classmates for years now. How strange.

Today was a fun day. After church Justin and I went to a steak & sushi restaraunt, where I rose to the challenge of eating a large blob of wasabi in exchange for a nice date in the near future. After that we went on a brief hunt for some wine glasses I wanted to get my parents and found some similar to the ones we were looking for. Then we came back to our house (Saugier parents' house) and rested/read comics before enjoying a very delicious lunch in the company of our house guests plus Luke and his kiddos (sadly Amber was unable to join us). After that we went to the pool and splashed around for a couple of hours, then came back home and had some enjoyable chat with the parents. Overall a very nice Sunday.

2 comments:

marigirl said...

no photos??? for all that bustling, I want to see some action!

Katrina said...

me too!