Wednesday, June 25, 2008

They do exist!

I accepted a job with an IT consulting company in December. Since then, my communication with them has been rather sparse. I'm starting in less than 2 weeks, and Mama even joked that the company had folded and noone bothered to tell me- I would show up for work the first day and find a "building for rent" sign. Haha... kind of.

At the beginning of this week I got a call from someone in the HR department about making travel arrangements for my training in Dallas. Yay! They still exist! Then yesterday I recieved an email with even more info. I was so excited! The email gave me a list of stuff I need to do before the first day of work: fill out direct deposit forms, employee info forms, company template resume, etc. Hm... this is not the type of exciting work stuff I had envisioned. In fact, I felt a bit intimidated, particularly by the resume template. It outlined where I was supposed to put all my experience, special certification, and highlighted skills. Let's see...
Experience: Taught calculus to freshmen for several years. Never used computer.
Special Certification: Lifeguard & CPR certified (expired 4-5 years ago).
Highlighted skills: Math; Baking; Good with kids.
I'm not sure if these are the things clients will be looking for in their computer programmers.

After my previous post, I had a request for more photos. So I will conclude this post with a few photos of things that have been going on recently.






Jenn and I went to an Astros game, with some tickets that the Lotts got from someone-or-other.




Justin and I drove up to College Station. Check out his awesome sunglasses! Those are his granddad's.



I took Titus to the Inflatable Zone for his half-birthday (because I celebrate that instead of his actual birthday, which is too close to Christmas).


Justin and I went to my friend Daniel's wedding.

1 comment:

marigirl said...

will you take me to the Inflatable zone for my half birthday??? No one ever takes me to the inflatable zone :(