Thursday, June 12, 2008

VBS and time with the parents

This week I've been helping with Vacation Bible School at Cornerstone, mostly with the crafts. I've decided that little kids are hilarious. The first day I helped, the preschool and kindergarten kids colored a paper bush and shepherd which they glued to cups for a "lost sheep" game. Since not much of my help was needed for this project, I just walked around and gave encouragement. One little boy's bush was very neatly colored and looked better than most 5-year olds' coloring, so I said, "Hey, that's a really nice bush!" to which the boy said, "you're just saying that." I was caught by surprise; "what did you say?" The kid looked a bit sheepish and said, "Oh... nevermind"

I think that maybe I should run a day-care or summer camp or something like that. I feel bad for kids whose parents have to work and can't give them as much time and attention as I got growing up. Think of all the fun things you could do with a bunch of kids! You could practically make an army!
I noticed a lot of funny signs in Europe. I tried to take pictures of most of them, which I will now post.





Reserved for people in casts, pregnant women, and elderly men. Good thing it's illustrated.












For a disco party, try to find this group.


1 comment:

AS said...

I like the picture of a pregnant lady, not to be confused with a fat lady.