Friday, August 8, 2008

Blog Guilt

I don't know if anyone still reads this, since I haven't posted in almost a month. Which leads me to...
Blog Guilt. I feel like I have let down all my adoring fans by not posting new material in so long. But after sitting in front of a computer all day at work, I am not very interested in booting up my home computer so I can type about my day. I'm going to try to blog a bit more, but probably won't be much more than once a week.

"So how's work, Hannah?"
Work is going pretty well. Last week I got transfered to a different project (still with the same client, so I didn't have to move cubes). This project is quite far along, but the SSIS was developed by 2 guys, one of whom have since moved on to a different project, and one of whom left for vacation and will return to a different project still. So last Thursday I had a 2.5-hour phone call with the guy about to leave for vacation so he could transfer all his knowledge to me. I think I retained about 50% of it, which is better than 0%. Since then I have become a little more familiar with the project, and yesterday I spent all day actually doing work! Ask me about deconstructing the database to make all the column widths match!

"How do you like your coworkers?"
I like them pretty well. I think coworkers have potential to make work much better or much worse. Thankfully I enjoy my cubicle neighbors. Last night we (me and Justin, plus 3 guys from work and their girlfriends/wives) went to Miller Outdoor Theatre and watched Julius Caesar. It was a lot of fun.

"So why are you blogging at 11:20 am? Don't you have work to do?"
Sort of. Our project has already started deploying and we're currently fixing bugs. Since I am less involved in this project than most people, I can't do too much of that. I am currently waiting some further instruction from a coworker who got side-tracked with a more important problem.

"Why don't you have any pictures up? Are you going to post some pictures soon?"
Hopefully.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

My dear. You must let go of "blog guilt." Remember, it's a tool to help make your life easier or more productive; if it isn't (or can't) due to time constraints, then so be it! We'll enjoy whatever you get around to!