Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bad Day at Work

I had meant to take some pictures of a cute new outfit I got earlier this week and post them on this blog, but this week has been busier than I expected. Tuesday Justin came over and we went running together, then ordered chicken wings and watched the Olympics. Last night I drove through about 1 hr 15 min of traffic to go have tacos with Jusitn and one of his friends who had proudly told us earlier that "I make excellent tacos; y'all will have to come over some time so I can make tacos."

Today I had to come in to work early because we were to have a conference call at 7:30. I usually come in at 8 and leave at 5, but since I came in today half an hour early, I figured I could leave at 4:30. The problem with work lately is that I don't have much I can do; there is a lot to be done, and we're working on a deadline, but when we're this far into it most people are busy doing their own work and don't have time to teach me stuff. So I have only had a few actual tasks here and there that I am able to complete. But I feel like some people expect me to have more technology background than I really do, so the little they give me to do requires knowledge that I don't have. It is very frustrating. Today around 3:30 I got sucked into a conference call where I was occasionally asked about things I had been "working" on. I was able to confidently answer about 40% of the things asked of me. And the conference call came across some problems that I might or might not have any connection with, so it didn't end until 6 pm! Imagine my frustration, when I was supposed to get to leave at 4:30 and have a relaxing evening to myself, and instead I found myself stuck at work until 6! Terrible! AND, when the meeting finally ended, it was decided that we would reconvene at 8 to resolve these issues. BLEH! I'm actually on that conference call right now. Thankfully my new cell phone has a headset, so I can mute myself and type in my blog and watch olympics while on a boring conference call.

After work I tried to call Justin, who didn't answer, then Mari, who was busy, and Mama, who also didn't answer, to complain about my crappy day. (there was more crappiness than described above, but that is just not fun to write about).

The good news is that I SHOULD get to leave early tomorrow since I stayed late today.
Extra time today: 1.5 hours => I should leave 1.5 hours early tomorrow, i.e. work 8-3:30, OR sleep in a bit and work 8:30-4.
If I get to count this conference call as work time, then maybe I could even leave 2 or 2.5 hours early tomorrow.... that would be pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

We weren't trying to neglect you, sweet patootie! Hopefully other days will be better...work is...work!

marigirl said...

sorry hannie :( let's chat.

marigirl said...

I would like to see some new posts, perhaps showcasing your cute work outfits like we used to do on chalk/whiteboards for the upcoming week of class. Otherwise, maybe some more pics of your apartment? Funny narratives of what you wish you were doing while working?