Monday, May 5, 2008

Turn Right at the Goats

Today I had a dentist appointment. Last time I went the found three cavities, so today I had to get them filled. As I sat in the dentist chair with two strangers' faces hovering above me and four white rubber gloves, a cotton roll, a suction tube thingy, some stuff that tasted nasty, and an uncomfortable metal thing in my mouth, I thought, "this is not a pleasent experience." I have never really enjoyed going to the dentist. When I was little, the grossness of the tooth polish and fluoride rinse was at least balanced a little bit by the fact that I got something cool- a sticker, or toothbrush, or pencil-topper - at the end. Last time I went to the dentist I did get a cool plastic zipper pouch with a toothbrush, trial-size toothpaste, and floss inside. But this time all I left with was a numb mouth! Boo! I'm never going there again. [wink wink]


After my dentist appointment I drove up to College Station. As I got to the stop light on 359 at the goats, I thought, "this is the last time I will make this drive as a Texas A&M student." How I will miss seeing those cute little goats, sometimes sitting contentedly inside those concrete cylinders, reminding me of the beautiful simplicity of college life. Well, not really. I just felt like I should try to make the goats sound more meaningful.


Anywho, here are some things I will miss about A&M:


  • Football games (although I'll still come to some next year with Justin)

  • Being able to take naps in the middle of the day

  • Access to huge library with lots of cool books- regular libraries don't have as many math books.

  • Being within 10 minutes of everything, by bike.

  • Having a schedule that allows me to eat whenever I want to, and sit outside during the nicest parts of the day.

  • Changing my schedule every semester.

  • Formals with Justin

  • Professors telling me I'm awesome

  • Getting to still be a kid

  • Turning right (or left, if I'm coming home) at the goats

  • Summer Break/ Christmas Break/ Spring Break

  • Math

Here are some things I will NOT miss about A&M:



  • Terrible parking

  • The wierd smell in Blocker

  • Difficult homework

  • Being poor

  • Construction on Highway 6 AND Texas Avenue (I could write a whole other blog post about this... maybe I will next time I'm bored)

  • Grading papers

  • Feeling like a little kid

  • Having to put "High School Diploma" as my highest level of education completed when filling out surveys

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I still miss things from college...but I will NEVER miss studying or tests.