Friday, May 9, 2008

Ceremonial End-of-School Stuff



One more day until I graduate! I've been surprisingly busy these past few days. I thought that after finals were done, I would have several days of doing nothing but eating, sleeping, hanging out with Justin and other fun people, and maybe watching TV or something. Apparently I was underestimating how much time it takes to pack. Moving out is not fun.




My moving out has been punctuated with some less tedious events. Last night Mama and Daddy came up and joined Justin and me for an Honors Awards Ceremony/Reception. I got a gold "stole" that I get to wear at graduation, which will make me easier to see from the audience! Today Justin and I went to a Math Dept reception for graduates, where I got a purple & gold cord for being in Pi Mu Epsilon (math honor society), which I will wear to graduation. Yay! More bling (or "regalia").


Dr. Stecher, my math advisor and one of my favorite professors, was there and asked if he would ever be able to meet my family. I told him they were sad that they couldn't make it today, but would be at graduation tomorrow, but apparently he will not be. He is a very nice man and has been very helpful and encouraging over the past four years. I had Justin take a picture of me with Dr. Stecher.
After this reception Justin and I had to walk back across campus to do some other stuff. It is quite hot today, and we saw a sad little squirrel who appeared to be suffering from the heat. He was splayed flat on his stumoch, panting heavily. It was so cute I had to take a little video. Unfortunately, by the time I got my camera out and turned on, he was about ready to get up, but I did get a little bit of panting-squirrel footage.
I am very excited about getting to see everybody tomorrow! Hooray for fam time!

No comments: