Friday, January 13, 2012

Eggplant Parmesan

I recently made eggplant Parmesan. I've made it a few times, as Justin and I try to eat a meatless meal every now and then to feel healthy. I've found breading the eggplant is easier when you're well prepared: I set up an assembly line. Eggplant -> flour -> eggs -> bread crumbs -> wire rack to dry. After letting them dry for 30 minutes I'm ready to fry them in olive oil. Like almost anything frying in oil, they smell really good. Here's the yummy crispy eggplant in the pan waiting for the rest of the Parmigiana.


The tomato sauce is super easy now that I have an awesome Ninja blender/chopper/food processor/lightbulb changer. First I loaded up the stuff I need chopped super fine (garlic, parsley, basil, serrano pepper) Ninja it; then I load up the tomatoes and olives and blend it all together!
And it's so easy to clean when I'm all done! What an awesome Christmas present.

Ezekiel's favorite Christmas present is still the ribbon ball.

And he recently learned to stick his tongue out and make that sound by blowing between his tongue and his lips. How do you spell that sound?

1 comment:

AS said...

Bhppttt!
E is soo cute. C stuck out his tongue and said EZ! When I showed him the pictures.