Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Classes, Homework and Qualifiers

At the conclusion of this school week, I will have only two weeks of class left this semester. I look forward to that with great anticipation, as I am getting quite burnt out from this semester.

I have 3 classes this semester. They can be summarized as follows:
  • Microeconomic Theory: this is my favorite class, and is what I want to focus on. We don't have many homeworks for this class, and those that we have are not that bad, in my opinion, because I really like the subject.
  • Macroeconomic Theory: I can see how some of this material is interesting, but it's not my favorite. This class has a LOT of homework, which seems very laborious to me since I am not as enthusiastic about this material. We are expected to have 2 more assignments in the remaining 2 weeks of this semester.
  • Econometrics: this class is alright. We don't have much homework assigned, which is nice, but we're not forced to stay on top of the material. So there will be a lot of preparation required before the qualifier.
April 23 is our last day of classes; after that we'll be very busy taking finals and studying for qualifiers. However, I consider the end of classes to be a reasonable event to look forward to. For one thing, it's much closer than the end of qualifiers, so it seems more tangible. Also, I currently feel like I need to be studying for qualifiers as well as attending class and learning new material and doing homework assignments. Once classes are done, I will be able to focus on just one thing; I'll be making sure I know the material I've already covered, rather than trying to learn new stuff.

No comments: