Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have a pretty view

The other day I noticed this beautiful tree just outside my window.

It looks very Springy to me and makes me feel cheerful. I thought "if I was Mari, I would take a picture and write a blog post about it. And if I was really Mari, I would take a picture from this same window in Summer, Fall, and Winter."
I can't promise the all-seasons-from-the-same-vantage-point, but here is this Springtime tree picture.
Shortly after I had noticed the tree, one of my classmates who had come over to study said "wow! That's a nice tree!" In a later discussion with my neighbor/classmate who lives downstairs from me, who said he is thinking about moving to a "nicer" apartment next year, my other classmate said "Hannah's place is nice- and she has this great view of a really pretty tree!" It turns out my downstairs neighbor can't see the tree from his window- all he can see is the parking area (whose corrugated metal top is visible in my tree picture). Yesterday another of my classmates, who lives on the 4th floor of the apartment across the street, said she is able to see over the top of our 2-story building to the beautiful white-flowered tree beyond. I'm glad we are all able to appreciate this lovely tree... except Xin, who lives downstairs.

When I loaded the tree picture from my camera, I realized that I had some pictures from Japan on my camera that I still hadn't downloaded!!!!! So here are a few of them:


2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Beautiful tree... those flowering pears and plums are doing amazingly this year! Your Japan "pictures" are rather...dark...can't see a thing!

marigirl said...

I can see the Japan pictures! this is an excellent post. I like it when you blog. I think I said that in a way that doesn't put pressure on you to do it more often than you want, but lets you know I appreciate it when you do. Nice tree. Is it a pear tree? Grandfather has one of those and it's blooming too.