Thursday, March 18, 2010

Graduate Housing

The other day Daddy asked me if I was acquiring lots of good stories about living in this graduate student housing that I could pass on to my kids some day. So far it's actually been quite nice, but here are some things I will not miss about living in this 1940s graduate housing setup:
  • Not having a dishwasher
  • Not having a washing machine/dryer
  • Having a small kitchen
  • Having only small-ish windows
  • Being able to hear lots of sounds from neighbors, including: crying baby next door, noisy parties next door the other way, arguing couple somewhere downstairs, and a lugy-haucking neighbor in an unidentifiable direction
Here are some things I will miss about our apartment:
  • Nice hardwood floors
  • Great location near Rice Village
  • Pretty tree visible from our window (see previous post)
  • Cheap rent
On a different note, guess how much Justin and I are getting back from our tax return? $3000! (That's $3000, said excitedly, not $3000 factorial) We plan to put it toward student loans.

No comments: