Monday, April 28, 2008

...Everyone else is doing it.



Apparently I'm the only one in my family who doesn't have a blog. So I am starting one at Mari's suggestion so that she and Mama and maybe Amber and Katrina can read up on what's going on with me without the hassle of calling or emailing. This blog will not be as well-written as Mari's, and for that I apologize, especially if you feel morally obligated to read mine as often as you read Mari's, lest you feel like a bad mother/sister-in-law/brother (do they even read blogs?).

The most interesting thing in my life right now (besides the upcoming Great Sister Trip of '08, of course!!!) is that I am graduating from Texas A&M University in 12 days and then embarking on a new chapter of my life. I will be working for Pariveda Solutions, a small IT consulting firm, in Houston. I'll still be coming up to College Station quite a bit next year because Justing will still be here and I'm sure we'll want to go to football games together.

I'm still trying to decide where to live in Houston, and thanks to the internet, I can spend/waste hours every day searching for the perfect one-bedroom apartment (mezannine?) within my price range. I currently also enjoy spending time planning my future apartment's decor. I'm trying to build a theme around a big wire banana leaf I got on sale several weeks ago; I'm thinking I'll go with blacks, browns and greens/leafies for a jungly look.

This past weekend I went to the Ross Volunteer Ball with Justin. It was fun, especially when considered with the fact that Justin had a countable number of corps events left! In fact, I think Final Review might be his last corps event ever!

15 more days until Mari and I leave for the Great Sister Trip of '08! We'll fly out of Houston to Frankfurt, then from Frankfurt to Madrid. We will then spend 2 weeks running around various parts of Spain; Mari planned that part. Then we will travel to England, where we will spend a day in Oxford exploring the midevial architecture and historical atmosphere, a day in Bath enjoying the setting of many Jane Austen novels, and a day in Salisbury/Stonehenge, where we will marvel at Stonehenge, of course. I am very excited and will hopefully be able to update this blog a few times while there with exciting travel tales. In fact, that was the main motivation for starting this blog.

4 comments:

marigirl said...

Han, I am dissapointed you did not include the suggested blog introduction I sent you last Friday. Don't fret; here it is, in case you lost it:

My name is Hannah and this is my Hannah Banana Blog. Daddy calls me Hannah B for short, always has. That's fine with me; bees are yellow like bananas! I hate that Pink song "Banana" because it's dumb, and bananas are not "holla-back girls." That's dumb.

I'm graduating and heading off into the urban jungle. But at the end of the day, I want to come home to an oasis. To achieve this effect, I found one central piece I LOVE. Surprise! It's a banana leaf! And it's almost as big as I am!

marigirl said...

just kidding. You picked the perfect color scheme! It matches your future decor, your BEAUTIFUL DRESS, and of course your banana leaf! I love that you have a theme. Perfect!! I want to link to your blog from mine, but I don't know how to do that yet. Nice work! Your writing is excellent. Please also include some nice mathematics.

AS said...

Hannah,

Thanks for starting a blog. But this does not mean I won't still call you and awkwardly talk to you and then hand the phone over to Titus, or Joy. I think Mari has a good intro, but ... you never know who will be reading this, and you don't want everyone to give you lots and lots of bananas.

Katrina said...

Welcome to the blogworld!! It is so addicting and fun! I love to blog, read blogs, and am a terrible phone person, so this will be a great way to see what is going on in your life.