Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Jane, age 3

Jane is my super big helper lately. The other day she was helping unload a box of diapers and put them away. I was busy doing other stuff so I didn't pay much attention to what she was doing, but I later found the very neat arrangement in the diaper cabinet.
This is in an upper cabinet above the dryer, so she must have climbed up onto the dryer to put them away. I wonder how long that took her, getting them into all those neat little stacks of about five each.

I am often impressed with the logical constructions she makes. For example, today we had some friends over who have both a 3-yr old and a baby. As I was getting Ezra settled for his nap, I heard The 3-yr. old friend come out of the bathroom. Jane said "you forgot to close the door, so the babies can't get in there" (Jane usually helps me close all bathroom doors so Ezra won't crawl into them.)
Friend: but our baby isn't big enough.
Jane: oh, well, can your baby crawl?
Friend: no
Jane: ok, then, we can leave the bathroom door open as long as Ezzy is sleeping.
I find this an impressive train of reasoning for a 3-yr. old.

 


 

No comments: